Sunday, May 01, 2011

5k PB

Mon: Rest
Tue: 12k including 2 x 3k at threshold (3:58 and 3:57 pace)
Wed: 10k easy to Shelley Beach at 4:44
Thu: 13k easy around Manly at 4:45
Fri: 10k very easy to Shelley Beach at 5:08 in preparation for 5k race on Saturday.
Sat: 12k including 5k CR challenge in a PB of 18:33. My previous PB of 18:51 was set 3 years ago, so the aim was to break it. A short warm up with Buzz and I was off. no one else went off at 7:16am, so I was by myself for the entire race. Splits were pretty even in 3:39, 3:42, 3:43, 3:44 and 3:43. Had nothing left at the end. Trundled back to the start with Buzz who also PB'd ~19:30.
Sun: 33k long run in 2:32 including 20k in 1:26 at marathon pace (4:18). I deceided to join Dickyboy, Tom31 and Easy Tiger for my long run to at least give me some company for part of the run. Turned out to be a hot group with Quentin, Tim, Sam and Jamie. I was only planning to run 8-10k with them as I was clearly out of my depth, however the pace wasn't as hot as I thought. In fact it was pefect marathon paced run, so I deceided to stick it out as long as I could. The splits of 4:10 -4:15 seemed releatively comfortable and gave me alot of confidence, suggesting the training id going well. We headed up Pittwater road and around the lake. Coming back through Dee Why, I got dropped. I must have lost concentration and I found myself 20m behind. I tried to catch up, but just as I was approaching, the boys took off up Dee Why hill and I was by myself. I pulled back the pace and made up a few k's by doing a lap up to Shelley and back. Good run, but totally exhausted for the rest of the day.

Weekly Total was 90k in 6:45 hours at average pace of 4:45. That is - an awesome weeks training.

No comments: