Sunday, May 08, 2011

10k PB

Mon - rest (shagged from Sunday)
Tue: 10k to shelley including 5k @ 3:57
Wed: Easy 12k around Manly @ 4:46
Thu: Was meant to be a medium long run, but got busy and ran out of time
Fri: 10k Shelley run very easy in preparation for Saturday.
Sat: 10k PB - 37:53. I was very interested to see what I could do after last weeks 5k PB. I wasn't expecting a PB, but would be doing what I could to break 38:10, the previous PB. Sub50 who isn't running heaps of k's at the moment indicated that he would be around 38 mins, so I stuck to him. I sat on his shoulder until 4k which was a real benefit, with Splits of 3:41, 3:44, 3:38 and 3:38 for 14:34. Realising that this was the same as my 4k split from last weeks 5k PB, I freaked out and let Sub50 drift away. Big mistake and the disadvantage of running with a watch. The next 3 k's were done in 3:47, 3:47 and 3:53, a little slower, but feeling like I could keep it up. Caught up to sub50 with 3k to go and tried to keep churning out the k's. The last 3k were done in 3:47, 3:47 and 3:50. Very happy with the PB and encouraged that there is some more time to gain with a further block of speed work and better race conditioning.
Sun: Felt awful all day after a very long and busy Saturday. Could not be bothered to even run, let alone a long run.

Total for the week was a measly 43k in 3:06 at average of 4:31 however nothing over 12k. Whoops! An encouraging PB, but a poor week of training. SMH Half next weekend and another opportunity to keep the PB train rolling on.


3 comments:

hobos said...

Bloody slacker! Even I did more kms than you this week!

Actually if it helps, Sean programmed a much shorter no. of kms for me this week in lead up to half...so i guess he will expect good things as a consequence....unlikely.
You? I am fully expecting to see another PB (I have forgotten what that feels like!)

I did just 19 kms yesterday. 17 @ 4:50, but the last 2 in 3:45 / 3:50, so my issue isn't the abilty to churn out a few fast kms, but a fixing the body and stopping my head telling me its ok therefore to go slower!

hobos said...

from Johnbo btw....

keith said...

When are you joining us for Tuesday morning Hills?