Tuesday, April 19, 2011

12 weeks to GCM

After a good week of running at Port Stephens, I came down with the flu. Nothing too bad, but enough to keep me off the streets. It just wouldn't go away and in the end I didn't run for 8 days.

Felt much better this week and notched up 84k:

Mon: 10k easy to Shelley Beach (4:58)
Tue: 14k easy to North Head (5:11)
Wed: 25k long run around Narrabeen lakes in 2:03 (5:01).
Thu: 7k easy to corso (5:29)
Fri: Rest
Sat: 11k including 4 x 1k with 90 sec jog recoveries in 3:48, 3:41, 3:33 and 3:38. The first rep was into a strong wind and 3rd was with a strong wind.
Sun: 16k easy to North Head with Paul and Leigh (5:16)

7 hours of running in 5:04.

12 weeks to GCM doesn't seem very long however I feel I have a strong base already and am ready to start some harder/faster training in weeks ahead. Sub 3 hour marathon here I come!

2 comments:

Johnbo said...

I am feeling extremely intimidated already, reading your training progress....! Perhaps I should try to remind myself of what runs I have done every week...note to self....Johnbo

inhisshadow said...

Goodluck mate, theres no reason you cant nail it this time - fitter and wiser!