Monday, February 14, 2011

Manly Dam

As I am home a little more, the Manly Dam loop is becoming a much more frequent part of my weekly routine. I ran it 4 times last week. It is a great loop with lots of variety i.e. good single trail, fire trail, up and down hills, views etc.

It is an 11.2k loop, which I used to struggle to break an hour on when running easily. I always get round in under an hour these days, with a PB of 57:45 set yesterday evening. I used to have a few walk breaks on the steeper hills, however I run the whole way now without a problem. Just for future reference, I will post the splits...

Section 1, includes the 1k bitumen section to the start of the loop at the Hydro lab and a couple of k's of uphill single trail, through the kids playground till the start of the fire trail (18:03 - 5.39 pace)

Section 2 winds downhill for a couple of k's to the creek - all on fire trail (27:25 - 4:47 pace)

Section 3 is a short (800m) section with 50m elevation (32:49 - 6:33 pace)

Section 4 is a 2k undulating single trail section parallel to Wakehurst parkway which is lots of fun. Lots of up and down/ left and right (44:05 - 5:28 pace)

Section 5 is the 3k downhill run to home including 1k on the road. Lots of fun (57:45 - 4.23 pace).




No comments: